Thursday, July 2, 2009

Meeting The Family!

Well as most of you know, Jon and I have been together for 10 years now and I have never met any of his family except his two beautiful daughters, Brittany and Chelsea. Well, Father's Day weekend that changed. Jon and I took a trip to Winder, GA where his aunt Glenda lives. Glenda and Becky, Jon's mom, are sisters and Becky was visiting her for a few weeks. When Jon found out that his mom was going to be only 4 1/2 hours away from him, he made arrangements to go see her. We left early (5am) Saturday morning heading to GA. When we got there I could see how nervous Jon was. We sat at the local Wal-Mart waiting on his mom to get there. He was worried about how his mom would react to seeing him as well as how or if she would accept me into the family. I told him not to worry, we were going to be together no matter what. We were first met by Jon's mom and aunt Glenda. When Glenda introduced herself to me she approached me with open arms and said we are huggers. It was really nice to finally get to meet Jon's family. Now I can truely say he was not dropped on earth by aliens. lol! Glenda and Mitch, her husband, had arranged for us to stay with them. Much to my supprise Glenda and Jon had decided for us to stay Sunday night as well. It's a good thing that I always over pack. lol We spent the day getting to know each other and meeting other members of the family as well. And watching home videos of when Jon and Christy, Jon's sister, were still at home. Over the next 2 days I met the entire family on Becky's side. From Becky's parents to Becky's great nieces and nephews and everyone in between. It was truely an enjoyable time. We had a big family dinner, a slow southern boil, on Father's Day. Monday morning we left Winder and went to Gainesville to Jon's Nana and PawPaw's house. They have a house on Lake Linear. They took us out on the lake on their pontoon boat. It was so incredibly beautiful. I didn't want to go back to shore, but it started lightening. Then we went to dinner with his grandparents and then went back home. Over all I would have to say that the trip was very pleasurable. I know it did Jon's heart good and mine as well to see Jon so happy. Hopefully we will be seeing them all again soon. I have pics, but I am having issues with my card reader. I will post them as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment